Sunday, November 1, 2020

November F@CT

 


Hi everyone and welcome to F@CT online. We spent October, here on the blog, thinking of things to be thankful for . Today we are really thankful that we able to meet together here online and in church as well. However you are joining in today, we hope you have lots of fun learning more about God. 


Today we are talking about wearing armour.

ARMOUR?! That's not what I usually wear to school!

This is a special sort of armour that Paul talks about in the Bible. Let's watch this video to find out more...




When Paul wrote his letter to the Ephesians, there would have been lots of Roman soldiers around so that the people he was writing to would have been able to picture what he was talking about when he told them to wear The Armour of God.

Today, we don't wear armour very much so what could we use instead? 

Emy has found a Roman soldier in her garden to help us work out what the Armour of God might look like today (with a bit of video magic).




Let's get creative

Can you make your own Shield of Faith? You could draw it on a piece of paper or make it from some cardboard from your recycling. It could be small or it could be big. You can decorate it with things that remind you of your faith. That might be Bible verses. It might be pictures or people or places that have helped you get to know God better. We'd love to see pictures of your Shield of Faith.




The Armour of God Prayer

Jesus today I put on the helmet of salvation.

Please protect my mind from bad thoughts and help me focus on things that are good. Please protect my eyes and keep them looking up to you.

I put on the breastplate of righteousness.

Please guard my heart, make everything that comes in or out of my heart be good to you. Help my heart be open to you and led by the holy spirit.

I put on the belt of truth

Help me love the truth. Help me to tell the truth and hear the truth. Lord, make me more like you. 

I put on the gospel of peace shoes

Everywhere I go Lord, help me bring peace. Help me be peaceful. Guide what I do and where I go. Prepare me to tell other people about you. 

I put on the shield of faith

Build a strong faith in me. With faith, all things are possible. Protect me from any attacks from the enemy.

I pick up the sword of the spirit

Put your words in my heart Lord. Lead me and guide me so that I am good at all I do. Let your words change my character. Give me boldness and knowledge to love and help others.

Amen. 




There's a great song about wearing the Armour of God called "God Suit On". It looks like these two had great fun singing the song and doing the actions.




Thanks for joining us today. We hope you had fun putting your God Suit on!

A little reminder...
This week is the last week to drop off your filled shoeboxes for Love In A Box. If you have any to bring in, please pop them in to church this week. 
Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment